Looking for new ideas to boost your SEO? Today we give you 5 SEO best practices that are easy to implement for your website. Well done, these actions will potentially allow you to stand out from the crowd and maximize your visibility in the SERP!
1- Propose video content
Often short, visual and punchy, video is becoming more and more popular with users. Indeed, this format tends to make them spend more time on the pages of a website and increase their commitment. Benefits appreciated by search engines, which value this type of content.
Our advice? Integrate videos into your website. But integrate them with meaning!
- One video = one page = one theme. A video content must respond to a topic and therefore be present on one of your web pages, it is useless to overexpose it on your website.
- Your video must be relevant. Make sure it is attractive enough to read and that it brings a real added value to the page.
- Don't neglect the textual content: it's always the most important! So keep optimizing your texts and semantics. Videos and texts complement each other to bring more richness and a better user experience to your site.
- Favour thevideo integration from Youtube. Indeed, Google naturally favours video content from its own platform. Moreover, Youtube being the most popular search engine in the world, an optimization of your videos can bring you more visibility. To do this, take care of the title of your video, its description and its tags!
We can see here that the Youtube video also allows you to be positioned in the search results: what a great way to improve your visibility!
2- Benefit from local SEO with Google My Business
You've heard of Google My Business - the box that appears to the right of your search results when you search for a business. This space contains the name of the business, contact information, notices, action buttons...
Having a Google My Business listing will first of all allow Google to better identify your companyThis can potentially boost the natural referencing of your site.
Second point: Google My Business is a powerful lever for local natural referencing. If the search engine has understood your activity and this activity corresponds to a local query, it will most likely propose you in the search results. See rather for Staenk on the query "natural referencing agency".
For an optimal Google My Business natural referencing, three essential points:
- Your site must express all the semantics of the activity that belongs to you.
- You have entered your geographical address on Google My Business
- You've been paying attention to your Google reviews. Do you have (enough)? Is the rating sufficient? Can it be improved? Feel free to ask your satisfied customers to express themselves!
3- Reaching Positions 0
The era is at position 0 for Google. That is to say that more and more content snippets are displayed at the top of your search hitswhich respond directly to your request without you needing to access a website.
Position 0 is therefore the new position to be obtained: it allows to be placed at the top of the search results and demonstrates the expertise of the website concerned on the user's request. We have also published an article detailing the 0 position and its stakes.
Briefly, the zero position is obtained in :
- Taking the user's search expressions from his content ("how...", "why...") and offering him a rich answer;
- Facilitating the understanding of the content for search engines. This is done using a well cut, "airy" and organized text (use of Hn tags, bulleted lists, numbered lists...) but also by using structured data. Structured data are "bits of code" that will give Google indications about the content to better identify it (for example, specify that it is a recipe...). A principle very well explained by WebMarketing&Co'M.
4- Strengthen your online reputation
Your brand is an identity on the web of which your website is the main medium. And around it, a multitude of other sites referring to yours generally gravitate, which will allow search engines (as well as Internet users) to understand you better and to form an opinion. And reputation plays a major role in SEO! Thus, Google reviews, presence on social networks, Youtube videos and other referring sites will form a whole that will be potentially favorable to you.
So, how can you improve the popularity of your website in the eyes of search engines?
First point of attention: being present / listed / quoted on other sites. To detect your backlinks (links pointing to pages on your website), look at the search results following your brand's request.
By excluding the Staenk site from Google searches, all other indexed content pointing to the agency can be identified with the anchor "staenk"!
For a more complete analysis, use for example theSemrush backlink tool.
The objective will be for you to develop these mentions on quality sites, if possible in your field of activity. Here again, we are looking for meaning!
5- Propose explosive content
Content is always king and governs your natural SEO. To make the difference, each of your pages must respect several imperatives:
- Being unique. Your page should not look like any other, because it has a specific purpose - and that's why it exists! Don't forget that if a page is of no interest to the user, it is of little interest to the search engines either.
- Containing rich semantics. Your page has its main keyword, of course, but it must naturally express a complete lexical field close to your theme. A simple keyword search on a tool such as Ubbersuggest will allow you to enrich your content with terms you may not have considered, yet used by your target!
- Have a structure. Search engines will understand your text better if it follows a certain tree structure. To do this, use Hn tags, paragraphs, lists or bullet points! As for the user, airy and structured content is more understandable.
- Respect a certain length. Below a certain volume of words, search engines are unlikely to find your relevant content. A minimum of 500 words is recommended, a requirement that may be higher depending on your field of activity and your competitors.
Natural Referencing Agency since 2014, these are subjects that we deal with daily with our customers 🙂 And you, have you already implemented these practices to boost your natural SEO?