Until two or three years ago, optimizing the product sheets of its e-commerce site was simply a matter of applying a few natural referencing rules. The googlebots However, there is a growing interest in the user - or UX - experience offered by the web pages of a merchant site. The positioning of a website or one of its product pages in search engine results therefore depends as much on natural referencing as on the user experience.
To distinguish itself from the competition and convert more leadsIt therefore becomes essential to integrate SXO optimization of product pages into its strategy. This approach consists of combining SEO (Search Engine Optimization) and UX (User eXperience). There are many rules to follow in this area. Staenk has selected 7 key principles to improve the SXO potential of its product pages.
- 1 1/ Working the Title tag in its smallest details
- 2 2/ Pamper the meta description of the product sheet
- 3 3/ Optimize the product description
- 4 4/ Promote the internal meshing of the product data sheet
- 5 5/ Do not neglect any referencing element
- 6 6/ Banning reading brakes to favour UX
- 7 7/ Use the product sheet to give advice
1/ Working the Title tag in its smallest details
- be limited to 65 characters ;
- indicate the theme of the product sheet ;
- integrate the keyword.
Is it necessary to include several keywords in the
If, on the other hand, you are a seasoned e-merchant, the
Read also : 5 simple practices to boost your natural SEO
2/ Pamper the meta description of the product sheet
Google has again recently reaffirmed that meta-description influences the natural referencing of web pages. It is also, if not above all, an effective way to attract clicks. To promote the natural referencing of the product sheet and boost the traffic on the site, the meta description should :
- contain the main keyword ;
- be unique and adapted to each product sheet ;
- attract the Internet user, by addressing him for example;
- avoid copying the
tag too much.
3/ Optimize the product description
A product sheet that attracts the attention of search engines contains around 400 words. Its description is thus organized in paragraphs, separated by Hn tags: H2 and H3. The googlebots s use its tags to identify what each paragraph is about. For a product record of this size, it is further estimated that the main keyword must appear 3 or 4 times to optimize SEO.
4/ Promote the internal meshing of the product data sheet
The referencing of a product sheet depends in part on the number of links pointing to it. To promote its referencing, it is therefore necessary to develop its internal network. The product page must link to other pages of the e-commerce site, and vice versa. One of the simplest ways to do this is to set up a cross-selling system.. A product sheet thus suggests other products, similar or complementary to the one the visitor is interested in.
5/ Do not neglect any referencing element
In addition to these indispensable rules, other tips to optimize the ranking of its product sheets:
- improve the URL by including the keyword, the product name, or even secondary keywords ;
- write a personalized and descriptive title on each product page ;
- give titles to its images, by filling in the
tags with a keyword ;
- Avoid duplicate content;
- make quality external links: recent, to reliable and popular websites.
6/ Banning reading brakes to favour UX
The algorithm of ranking search engines favour product sheets that facilitate UX, i.e. the user experience. The e-merchant thus gains by fight against the elements that make navigation unpleasant:
- typos, double spaces and other typos;
- a window overload pop-in ;
- too slow a loading speed.
Read also : SXO, the user experience for the benefit of SEO
7/ Use the product sheet to give advice
With the development of voice searches, Google is increasingly valuing e-commerce sites that answer users' questions. A "Tips" section added to each product sheet therefore has real assets. It effectively provides visitors with reassuring information that encourages conversion. The tips also help to position the product sheet on the questions most frequently asked to Google.
In the same way, e-commerce pages that detail the composition of the product improve their SEO. Customers are indeed increasingly interested in the ingredients of what they buy, whether in the food or cosmetic sectors. The designer of the product sheet therefore benefits from including in his product sheet the expressions used to search for the ingredients of his items.