You created several Facebook pages for a single community? You would like to merge these pages, but you’re not sure how to do it? Don’t panic! It is possible to merge two (or several) Facebook pages! Here’s how to proceed.
Terms to Respect to Merge Two Facebook Pages
To merge two Facebook pages, you must have been the administrator of these two pages for the last 8 days.
Otherwise, you risk receiving this type of message:
Then, assure yourself that the pages you wish to merge are (more or less) similar.
To finish, check that they have the same physical addresses.
How to Proceed to Merge Two Facebook Pages
- First of all, go to Facebook’s merge page created for the occasion
- Chose the two pages that you wish to merge and continue.
Chose the two pages that you wish to merge and continue.
- The next (very important) step for merging is to chose the page that you wish to keep.
Click on “keep page”
- To avoid any mistakes, Facebook summarizes all your choices. At this stage, review the information to make sure you're keeping the right page. Don't make a mistake, because you won't be able to go back.
Click on “Request Merge”.
- If merging your two pages is possible, the message below will be displayed.
The "I like" and visits to the embedded page will be added to the page retained. For the rest of the embedded page, all publications, photos and reviews will be removed.
- Despite receiving the message “merging request accepted” your pages will not merge immediately. For example, when doing a search, we can still see that both pages exist and have the same name.
- At this point, no worries, you should receive an e-mail indicating that the merge will be effective within 7 days!
- 7 days later… Tada! Your pages have merged!
Good to Know
It is possible to merge multiple Facebook Pages, but you can't merge more than two pages at a time. You will need to repeat the process several times until you get a single page. Please keep in mind that there will be a 7-day waiting period between mergers.
It turns out that merging Facebook pages is pretty easy to do. You’ll just need to be a little patient!
Do you need more information? Head to the Facebook help page.