The Google Ads interface seduces a lot of advertisers especially for the precision of data analysis of an ATS campaign. However, in order to understand campaigns and analyse them, it is necessary to be able to display the statistics and sort them efficiently within the Google Ads report. In this article, we explain how to make full use of the statistics provided by Google Ads and how to configure the interface to do campaign analysis SEA effective.
How do I view performance statistics?
You wish to know the performance data on one of your campaigns? In this case, you just have to :
- Click on "View Statistics" in the toolbar.
- Click on "Get Statistics".
- Select the period from the drop-down list or by entering specific dates.
- Choose the accounts, campaigns, or ad groups for which you want statistics, and then select the types of statistics you want to display.
- Click OK.
What are the statistics to be monitored in priority?
To save time on reading your detailed report in Google Ads, we recommend that you customize the sight of your statistics. This way, you will only display the columns that are important for your business and you can sort them in any order you wish. We advise you to display these columns first:
These are the essential KPIs to measure the performance of your campaigns. Google Ads.
- Clicks: the number of times an Internet user clicks on the ad
- Click through rate (CTR): the proportion of Internet users who see the ad and click on it.
- Impressions: this statistic allows you to estimate the reach of your ad
- Average position: the average position your ad occupies on the search engine results page (compared to your competitors)
- Average Cost Per Click: the average amount you are charged for each click
- Cost: the total amount charged for the paid referencing of a campaign, an ad or even a keyword, depending on the object of your analysis.
The data from "Conversions"
These statistics allow you to measure the impact of your ads on the visitor actions on your website.
- Conversions: the number of people who performed a given action after clicking on your ad (purchase, registration, etc.) See our article to find out how enable conversion tracking.
- Conversion rate: the percentage of clicks on your ad that result in conversion.
- Cost per conversion: the average cost you incur for each conversion you get from your ads.
How to display the view of the data you want?
- Open the "Campaigns" tab on your Google Ads account.
- Above the statistics table, in the upper right-hand corner, select the "Columns" icon.
- Then select "Edit Columns" from the menu that appears below the icon.
- In the window that appears, select all the columns you want to display on your Google Ads interface.
- Drag and drop the columns in the order you want them to appear in your statistics table.
- You can rely on the statistics we gave you previously for the choice of your columns.
- Save your preferences and they automatically apply in your statistics table.
To effectively manage your Google Ads campaigns, you need easy access to your statistics and all tracking data. Google Ads provides you with a dashboard with all the metrics to follow for the analysis of your campaigns. We advise you to display only the data relevant to your communication objectives in order to save time and find important information more easily.
- How to make video advertising with Google ads?
- Google Ads: how to adjust the radius around a geographical area?
- Ad extensions on Google Ads: what is it?